Monday, March 04, 2013

versatile blogger award and guinea pigs


I've been nominated by Ariel for the Versatile Blogger Award, my very first! Sweet! Thank you so much!



Like all awards, there are some rules you have to follow or else they virtually take away your award or something (?).
VBA Rules
If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger award.
  •  Thank the person who gave you this award.
  •  Include a link to their blog.
  •  Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. ( I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
  •  Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
  •  Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.

  1. I have a handbag obsession (in addition to my plush obsession)


  2. I really want to visit an anime convention in the USA, I hear they have awesome ones!
  3. My next travel destination is Australia so if you live/have been there and tell me about the best places to eat, and visit.

  4. Hoping to see one these in their natural habitat!

  5. My favourite kawaii characters are Nagomimakuri, Kapibara-san, Toromi, and Sumikko Gurashi
  6. San-x's Nagomimakuri

  7. My weight loss goal is to lose 20 pounds by my birthday, April 27.
  8. I hate messes but my room and desk always seems to be messy. I have too much stuff!
  9. My favourite ice cream flavour is cookie dough
I nominate:

Emerald Malicia      Kawaii Violet      March Rabbits     Mija's Malice     Sweeter Than Solitude      Toaster Bots    Silent White     Tqa London   Rilakkuma Lifestyles    Kuma Doki Doki    Mary Rilakkuma   :)    Finding My Happiness   Twisted Thoughts     Rocketraptor

In other news, we brought home two adorable baby guinea pigs yesterday! Our hamster died last Monday and we were all devastated  (╯︵╰,). He so friendly and cute, even Obi loved him.  I used to feed him from my hands all the time and he would throw the unwanted food out of my hands. But he had been looking for the worse the past couple of weeks and we're relieved that his suffering is over.

Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of him, I just have a bunch of videos. 

Even my mom was smitten with him (he didn't actually have a name, we just called him Hamster...so I guess that's his name), especially when we'd let him roll around in his little ball and he'd go all over the house. It was too cute, Obi would follow closely behind and Kami wouldn't care until Hamster bumped into her. I'm going to miss the little guy.

We wanted to get another hamster but my brother had been wanting to own guinea pigs for the longest time and we figured now would be the best time. We ended up buying two but they're so cute! Both are male and apparently, it's better to get two of the same gender and it's even better if they're males. They were the only two males left in the pet shop and they were pen mates. We brought them home and they were terrified (with reason) and they've been hiding under their little log ever since we let them into their cage. 


Box Containing the Two Guinea Pigs

We took them out today, petted and cuddled with them a few times so that they'll get used to us. They've started venturing out of their little wooden shelter a lot more.

The Two Guinea Pigs.

My brother let me name them both so I named the brown one Bailey but haven't found a name for the black and white one yet. For now, we've been calling him No Name, we'll need to come up with a name fast or else he'll start thinking his name is No Name (−_−;)

Bailey

We already notice some personality traits of the Bailey and No Name. Bailey is a much bigger chicken than No Name, he'll run back to the wooden shelter whenever there's movement or noise. But he's also more dominant than No Name, he kicks No Name out of the shelter.


No Name

No Name on the other hand, loves to eat. He's a big piggy. When we're trying to catch him, he'll run around the cage but once he notices that we're not chasing him with our hands anymore, he'll stop and gobble up some grass (which he loves). He's also the first one to venture out and will usually stay out even if there's movement, noise and even the dogs staring right at him. He'll just keep munching. He's also much more verbal than Bailey, and he purred when my brother was petting him.



No Name's Butt

Sorry for the crappy pictures, I took them with my iPhone but they were really skittish and ran around everywhere. Any name suggestions for No Name? I was thinking of naming him after something that eats a lot but I couldn't think of anything. Going to play with these two some more tomorrow so they can get used to being touched by people. They're both about 12 weeks old.

Oh, and like my FB and check out my shop (☆^ー^☆)




1 comments:

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.dressaleuk.co.uk]dress sale uk[/url] It's my favorite of all time (hey Damius, you seem to have a defined list, so you should totally post it in the Top Anime thread on TFP), so while I can't afford to import Japanese releases of anime series yet, I have bought both seasons on DVD and Blu-ray, and now spent more than that just on all the CDs, plus there's that nice lithograph and probably some other things I'm not thinking of. [url=http://www.mitwhite.com]junior bridesmaid dresses[/url]
[url=http://www.xmpllc.com]wedding dress online sale[/url] kuofhcru People that are living their purpose have found a role where they can utilize those talents on a regular basis.. yoyjwxcm [url=http://www.mulberrylondonshop.co.uk]mulberry mitzy bags[/url]