Sunday, May 05, 2013

omg cma exam starts tomorrow (⊙△⊙)




Starts tomorrow at 9 AM! I'm going to set my alarm for 8 AM so I can shower and have a good breakfast. Then it's work work work work!



For those of you who aren't sure what CMA is, it's short for Certified Management Accountant, it's a professional certification and I'm about to complete my first year of "training." To move onto the second and final year, I need to pass this exam. When is a company is unsure of what it should do (buy or sell a business? open another product line or close one? etc) that's what we're there for. The exam is a proper business report that has to include about 12 components (quantitative and qualitative analysis required).

A document of about 15 pages is given to us 48 hours prior to the actual exam. This is called "The Backgrounder" and as the name implies, it gives you a background of the company and industry. It also has the financial statements of the company for the past several years. We have to do as much analysis as possible on it with the given time.

Then on Wednesday, I have to go to the address they gave us to write the exam. We bring our laptop and a fresh copy of The Backgrounder is given to us. We're not allowed to bring the copy we scribbled and wrote all over, it has to be memorized. At 9 AM on Wednesday, they'll give us a copy of "The Additional Information" which is the most important part of the exam, in my opinion. These additional 10-15 pages will tell us what strategic alternatives are available for the company and we'll have to do the analysis, and write a proper business report in 4 hours.



K,NSDLFKABSKBFLWBEJBFJLSD,FB,ASNDKLFSA I'M SO WORRIED ABOUT THIS EXAM!!!



I'm going to stop studying as of now, because my fingers are cramping up from typing so fast and my back hurts from sitting for 4 hours straight all the time (practice exams are provided). But tomorrow, it's going to be like this

Yes, Ami (シ_ _)シ


Wish me luck everyone! Hopefully, I won't crash and burn and have to rewrite the exam in August!



This entry was posted in

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there, just became aware of your blog through Google, and found that it is really informative.
I'm gonna watch out for brussels. I will be grateful if you continue this in future. Numerous people will be benefited from your writing. Cheers!

My web site: pozycjonowanie