Sunday, July 07, 2013

mini tamaya haul

My package from Tamaya arrived last week but I was in a rush to pack for my weekend camping trip that I didn't have time to take pictures of my goodies.

Smal Haul from Tamaya
As much as I wanted to buy more things from Tamaya, as I was packing for my camping trip, I've realized just how much plush and other kawaii crap I have. It was overwhelming to say the least. I really need to cut down on my kawaii spending.

But that doesn't mean I won't have anything to update about! For the past month and a half or so, kawaii stuff has been arriving regularly (which is not surprising that I have an overabundant of kawaii) but I've been too lazy and/or the weather was bad so I didn't take pictures.

Sumikko Gurashi Memos

Obviously, I couldn't pass up on the newest Sumikko Gurashi memos. I am totally in love with these characters and as I mentioned before, I'm glad San-x is continuing to make more items from these strange but loveable rejects. Check out the blue tapioca ball drawing a face on the orange to the left and why is the Penguin/Kappa making an ice cream cone out of those tapioca balls? I hope it isn't planning on eating them Σ(゚ロ゚」)」

One of the pages inside

Here's just a glimpse of the memos. I chose the most interesting ones in both pads. I guess Penguin/Kappa won't be having a tapioca ball ice cream after all...

Stickers

Did I mention both memo pads come with stickers?? That's right! Both memo pads include a complete sheet of stickers featuring these adorable little characters. Oh man, I don't think I'll ever be using them, they're just too cute.

Back

San-x also took the time to make an interesting back cover for both memo pads. I'm not sure what the left one is talking about but the right one gives a short description of which character and their issues. It's this attention to detail that's the cherry on top of San-x's success.

Plush Cellphone Straps!

None of my hauls would be complete with the plush. I have a serious plush addiction, it's worse than my handbag addiction (because they're more affordable than my handbags and San-x won't stop coming out with such kawaii plush!). 

I bought two Sumikko Gurashi character plushes and several mamegoma ones.

Cartoon-y Mamegoma Plush Straps

They had a bunch of different coloured ones and believe it or not, this isn't the complete collection of colours. You can view the complete list here.

They're extremely adorable and very soft, as usual. Although most of the mamegomas I bought have the same expression, some of them have a different look on their faces. I think my favourite out of the group would have to be either the black or the white one. 


There's two versions of the white one, a regular and a heart one. I chose the heart because I found it was a bit more unique from the usual mamegoma. Each mamegoma also has a different tag but the only difference is the colour of the mamegoma on the tag and the colour of the tag itself. Each tag is the same colour as the actual mamegoma plush.

Travel Bag and Snaily

This Sumikko Gurashi collection also came out of adorable plush straps. But instead of getting the whole collection like I normally would, I limited myself to the two extras of this collection (aren't you proud of me? ( ̄︶ ̄)). I found it hilarious that they decided to make a plush out of the travel bag of the Polar Bear and the Snail (who I'm not sure who it's friends with).

Since they were both such random characters, I got them instead of the usual Sumikko gang. Is it just me does the snail look upset? The bag actually looks upset too but it just so happens that it looks somewhat pleased in this picture. They should be happy that San-x decided to make a plush out of them in the first place!

Tags

The tags are simple but still very cute and colourful. In the tags, both the bag and the snail look upset, I wonder why.


0 comments: