Tuesday, February 11, 2014

rilakkuma stripes series

Stripe Series - "Stripes With Your Days"

I am totally loving this Rilakkuma series. As you all know (or should know by now), I'm not a huge Rilakkuma fan but this series TAKES THE CAKE. Mmmmm....cake.


Stationary Goods

The design of all these are cute but nothing that makes me want to grab the items off the shelves. I do like the second one and the last one, both of which feature Rilakkuma wearing stripped socks and just chillin'. It would definitely make me feel relaxed just looking at those.


Ruler, Towel & Pouches

I find it a bit random that they have a rule for this series but I think it isn't the first time San-x has released a ruler from a character line. The mini towel is really cute and the polar bear on the corner is a nice little bonus since you have Rilakkuma lying on it.

I don't like the design of the pencil pouch or the regular pouch though. I find the pencil pouch is a little...unoriginal. It feels like I've seen a similar design before.


Bags & Covers

I'm not a fan of any of these designs but I do find it pretty cool that they made a bicycle seat cover and an umbrella cover. I didn't even know umbrella covers existed but it seems everything exist in Japan. I also like that the tote (all the way to the right) is 2-way so you can change the way it looks if you ever get bored!

So far, it seems I'm not loving the series but this is the part where my mind is blown away. If you guessed my biggest weakness, then you're right.

PLUSHES!

AREN'T THEY SO CUTE?! I really love Rilakkuma and Korilakkuma dressed as penguins! It's like a penguin snuggie! I'm not sure what Kiiroitori is supposed to be...but he's still cute. He looks like he's wrapped in a towel with a pom pom headband.

Pillow

This pillow is freakin' amazing. I really want it but for about $40, that's really steep. But it's so cute. But $40! Gah! I don't know what I should do! It'd look super amazingly cute on my bed though (once I move some plush off it). But do I really want to pay $40 + shipping for it? Only time will tell.

Store Exclusives

And last but not least....THE STORE EXCLUSIVE PLUSHES!! Look at them, so cute! But they're priced at 2,000 yen each (about $20) which makes it $60 for the set + shipping and that's only if Ariel can get it for me in stores, otherwise it's auctions (which suck and are heart attack inducing). 

Yup, it's the plushes that make me love this series. The problem is, San-x did such an amazing job that I don't know which ones to pick! Should I get all of the store exclusives or only get the one that I really want (Korilakkuma) and settle for the regular ones for Rilakkuma (I don't like the regular Kii)?

What do you think I should do? Any items you're lusting after?

Images taken here and here.








0 comments: